Union Township

Carroll County Historical Society

Organizations

Over the years, three Granges have been organized in Union Township.

Union Grange #1063 was organized in 1874 and operated till 1886. In 1890, Union Grange reorganized as #1369 with meetings held in the Dutch Smith schoolhouse.       

North Union #1371 was organized on Dec 6, 1890. It is assumed that meetings were held at the North Union schoolhouse.

Union Township

Petersburg Grange No. 1819 was organized November 8, 1911 by Deputy State Master, John L Buchanan, assisted by Charles W. Rutledge with 28 Charter members. More….
Recognition of a Petersburg Grange family (Emerson M Capper) in 1937