Historical Markers

Three Ohio Historical Society markers have been placed in Carroll County

They include:

Fighting McCooks

The Fighting McCooks and the Civil War, Carrollton (1-10)

The Fighting McCooks and the Civil War---Top of Square, Carrollton

Great Trail Malvern

The Great Trail, Malvern (2-10)

Rt 183/43, West of Malvern, Malvern Park

Charles E. Wilson

Charles E. Wilson, Minerva. (3-10)

Rt 183, Roadside going East between Pekin & Minerva



Ten Carroll County Historic Sites have been dedicated with a historic marker by the Society. They include:

The First Courthouse,
Carrollton--1835

Square, Carrollton
Greate Trail


The Great Trail, Malvern--1764


Rt 183/Linden Rd, Just South of Pekin

The Sandy & Beaver Canal, Malvern

The Sandy & Beaver Canal, Malvern-- 1840-1853

Rt 183/43, West of Malvern, Malvern Park

The Algonquin Mill

The Algonquin Mill, Petersburg--1826


Rt 332, Algonquin Mill, Petersburg



Perrysville Methodist Episcopal

The Perrysville Methodist Episcopal Church, Perrysville--1833

Rt 164, At turn in Perrysville



New Hagerstown Academy

The New Hagerstown Academy, New Hagerstown--1837


Rt 164/Autumn Rd, New Hagerstown, South at turn

Atwood Village

Atwood Village, Dellroy

Rt 542 (Lodge Rd), West of Dellroy before Yacht Club, on the right
Morges Raid

Morgan’s Raid,
Mechanicstown--1863


Rt 39, 2 miles East of Mechanicstown, on the left
Morges

Morges,
Morges--1820


Bachelor Rd, West of Morges Catholic Church


Ornage Twp High School

Orange Twp High School,
Leesville--1906


Rt 212, North edge of Leesville,
on the Left